Saturday, February 21, 2009

My testimony.

I recall.
2 weeks ago,
Sitting in church,
It was time for offering,
The pastor was praying,
My eyes were closed,
I recalled,
My responsibility,
Requesting sponsorship from Russian Resources Sdn. Bhd.,
The meeting didn't go well,
Subsequent correspondence was dejecting,
I was wondering,
If they would ever decide to sponsor,
USD 1000 was wanted by boss,
The more the better he had said,
But the 1000 was hoped for,
And there seemed to be much indecision in RRSB..

I recalled,
Testimonies given,
Where people had given,
With faith that God would open the floodgates of heaven,
And they had received,
And the thought came to me,
1000 ruble note,
Right there in my wallet,
It was a large sum to me,
Enough to last me a week,
In the most expensive city in the world,
And I wasn't very well off,
Recession was there,
And the thought of being a good steward came too,
Was giving so much being a good steward?

I struggled,
I wrestled,
And the desire to test God came,
I prayed,
I said,
"Lord, I give 1000 rubles with faith that You'll provide USD 1000 from RRSB",
And I struggled,
I fought,
It was hard to let go,
And the offering bag came,
My tightly clenched fist over the opening,
I took a deep breath,
I thought,
"Lord, use this, I trust You, help me trust You",
I let go,
The note fell,
I sighed.

And today I was reminded,
Of how my prayer was answered,
I didn't think of it at the time of answering,
But Andrew's testimony jogged my memory,
20th Feb,
Friday,
The last day for receiving sponsors,
Because we had to print the program books the very next day,
And I woke up in the morning,
I don't know why,
But I just went and checked my e-mail,
And there,
An e-mail from RRSB,
"Dear Aaron,
We're depositing RM3,500 into the account today",
I ran to WanSim the treasurer,
I asked what to do,
Was it still possible to receive sponsors,
And she said,
"Praise The Lord,
RM3,500 is equivalent to USD 1000,
Ask them for advertisements or logos to put in program book",
And that was that.

God is good,
He has never once failed me,
It's only me that refuses to follow Him,
It's only me that places blame on Him when lessons come,
And it's only me that doesn't see things His way,
And as such,
Today I realize,
The Good Lord didn't forget,
He saw my insignificant 1000 rubles,
Placed into the offering bag with faith,
And together with a lot of struggling,
And He blessed it 36x,
For USD 1000 is equivalent to 36,000 rubles.

Ah,
He is good,
He is so good.
Praise The Lord for ever and ever.
Amen.
(",)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Malaysian time Russian time