Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Most Stressful Day Currently.. (I'm sure more stressful days are yet to come)

Well, life started as usual yesterday..:

5.30am-Started my fast and pray for the One Life Event.

6.30am-Prepared my stuff for classes that day.

9.00am-Out the door and going for biochemistry lecture.

11.20am-Lecture ended. Now i needed to reregister my visa because I left Moscow for a little while..

11.40am-Reached the dean's office. And this is where my day really begun..

The visa department only starts working at 2.30pm. But from past experiences, the place will be jammed packed full with students rushing to submit their visas. And so, arriving on time is a great mistake which any freshman would learn pretty fast. Thus I already decided to wait as the first in line from 11.40am-2.30pm. I had with me my 'KaChe' and HanYin for company. And I was only supposed to do our 3 visas.

So we bided our time by chit-chatting, by completing our lecture notes, by playing games, gossiping.. And time crawled by. And finally, the long awaited hour arrived. 2.00pm. The place was already packed like a sardine can. People were squeezing everywhere and it was all I could do to remain in my first student spot in front of the door. Can't understand what I'm going through? Let me give you a picture. MMA has approximately 3300++ medical students currently studying there. And their office is a 5x8m space connected to the outside world by a 3x50m corridor. And since the government required every student to submit their visas within 3 working days from arrival, and this Tuesday was their first working day of the week. So if 10% of students went for holiday (which by the way is too few), there would be about 330 students crammed into that narrow corridor awaiting their turn..

By 2.20pm, I had 14 passports with me from late hopefuls and I was already worried about what was going to happen to me inside that office. And time stood still.. Second by second till 2.30pm, it was painful to wait. But finally, the door opened and I was pushed in by the russian gal behind me. And the problems began.

Some smart kid told her friend that the visa obtaining paper wasn't required for submittion since we were submitting our original visas. What a big mistake that was and the amount of trouble it caused me was to no end. My russian isn't very good and I couldn't really understand what was needed of me. So the lady behind the counter was starting to get really pissed off and on top of that, the crowd outside was pushing to get into the office. The russians were the rough rude ones and wouldn't even back off when scolded by the administration.

Anyway, I had to call Richelle to bring those papers up for the late additions and I still tried to get the visas submitted. And each time I opened the door to the corridor, I would be greeted by a crowd of bodies jammed tightly there and I had to be careful not to let them burst in while trying to get the items needed from friends stuck outside..

Praise God, finally, I managed to get 13 passports registered and I was told to get lost. And the lady behind the counter wished me luck trying to get out. (",) I had to man handle my way out of the office and forcefully push my way past the corridor to the open air in the lobby.. And even that was nearly packed. And when I looked at my watch.. 4.30pm. Goodness!! What happened to the time..?

My 'KaChe' calmed me down and we went home together. And praise God, my roomies cooked dinner for me and were waiting for me to break fast together.. Sigh, the food was sooooo good.. Then I had assignments, responsibilities as Program Leader for the One Life event to complete. Even the highest boss called me and gave me a short but extremely saturated 10mins lecture. Ooh.. Stress. And I still had to run errands for 14th Feb and Neils Isaac's birthday card.

I really thank God that I was able to sleep at 11pm to prepare for my next 5.30am wake up. And thus so ended my hectic day. I'm sure Wednesday isn't so bad. Will it? *.*

PS. I talked to C today and she talked to me too. And even though it was only about the One Life Event stuff, it felt really nice to be on talking terms with her again. Although it wasn't very comfortable but I'm still happy that it's progressing nicely. God still has a lot of work to do on me until I can see her as a good friend and talk comfortably to her without feeling my face heat up and adrenaline pump. Or that I wouldn't try my best to avoid her.

I wonder.. What do I feel now.. Love should last forever, through thick or thin and no matter whether the target responds or not.. But, I'm confused, what do I feel now.. Is it love that tells me to drop all my feelings and get back to normal or is it the puppy love that's finally going away.. I was so sure it was real love. What happened to me..?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Malaysian time Russian time