Saturday, February 14, 2009

An Eventful Day...

Friday. 13th February. Friday the 13th. I wonder...

I was put on one of the sponsor teams to go to airlines and student travel agents to ask for sponsorships for the One Life Event we're organizing. And thus, I was paired up with WanSim. So we left early in the morning, after I dressed up really formal and had WanSim do up my hair..

1st stop was SIA. And unfortunately the General Manager wasn't present. So we presented our proposal to the highest in command at the office and she told us to e-mail her the proposal so she could forward it to her Manager. And only on Monday would they converge and hold a meeting to discuss our sponsorship offer. I have faith that God will provide funds through them and however much would be enough.

Then the time was very "alang-alang".. Didn't have enough time to travel to the next agent but yet too early for class.. So in the end, the decision was to go to class and revise our russian (yes, it's russian class.. my "favourite"-sarcastic). Ooh, I had a blast telling everyone who asked why we were dressed up so formally that we were out on a date.. (",) Obviously everyone knew I was joking away as usual. *Aaron the clown/big mouth*

And then, it was time for russian class. My new teacher, Nika, is super cuuute!! Omgosh.. She could be my age.. Imagine my sister trying to teach me russian.. Wow.. But we had much fun conversing with her. She's ukranian, lives westward on the outskirts of Moscow and travels 30mins everyday to get to class. And she was like, couldn't close her mouth at all. She would smile at every little thing and her smile is the sweetest.. (But of course there are 3 other people whose smile is sweeter than hers, 1st, my mom, 2nd, my sis, 3rd, a girl, younger than me, but not telling her name.. =p) If I have the opportunity, I'll get a picture with her and put it up for you all to see.. (",) Patience..

After class.. Rush to Alamin Travels. Ah.. WanSim and I, we had fun.. She went there before. But by walking. Thus, this time, she got instructions from a junior about how to take a bus there. And so, we got out at the crossroads, went to the bus stop and got on bus no.121. And we traveled. From M.Profsayousnaya, passed M.Akademicheskaya, made a turn.. And I started to suspect something was wrong.. But WanSim reassured me. She told me that we wouldn't get lost and that all we had to do was sit tight and we would arrive. So I relaxed. Looked at the scenery, observed a shopping mall and hypermarket that I made note to visit someday. We passed a nuclear reactor too. My first up close. (",) And then, WanSim started to freak out.. And then it was my turn to chill her out. So we sat in the bus till it reached M.Tolskaya, super far away according to my map. And we had to take the metro back to M.Profsayousnaya. *chuckles* Crossroads remember? So, there are 4 directions to go in. She took me on the wrong one. =p It took us an hour to travel some place that would normally take 5 mins. But it was great experience. You know the irony of it? The agent we were supposed to meet wasn't there, it was his day off.......

Hahaha.. That sure was fun. (",) In a way......

Later back at home, I had to prepare the Valentine's Day dedications to our hostel. I had suspected but had never expected so many dedications. Seems like there are so many people who like other people whether openly or secretly. Well, my friends who were also in charge of this event helped me to deliver the roses and tiramisus. And it was fun, but was waay past my bed time.. And God is really humorous.. I remember telling myself that I would have a quiet Valentine's Day alone to rethink about my problem last time. But I ended up with 2 roses and 3 tiramisus. I only expected 1 tiramisu because I made a deal with a friend who also wanted to try out the tiramisu that we would send dedications to each other. But I didn't realise I would receive so many.. I really didn't know what to do..

In the end, I decided to enjoy whatever came to me as a blessing from God since this will probably my first and only time receiving something unexpected on Valentine's Day. Of course I gave a few special gals gifts, but they were nothing more than a gesture of love and friendship and thanks.

Here are some pictures of me looking handsome with a pretty partner when we had to dress up to go look for sponsors. And some of my Valentine gifts.. (",)



















Me, WanSim and Vashni..3 business professionals.. (",)


















Me and Vashni..wide sweet smiles =)


















And poor WanSim doesn't know how to smile.. XD













3 tiramisus..













3 dedications..


















2 roses. 1 isn't mine. (",)

There you have it. My day before Valentines. May be back with more for Valentine's Day..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Malaysian time Russian time