Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Stages Of Studies.

The stage of Enthusiasm.
You receive the lesson materials for preparation.

The stage of Motivation.
You begin studying and learning. The materials seems new and interesting.

The stage of Laziness/Business.
The exam seems so far away. There's still time left for later. Things come up. They seem more important than the study materials whose deadline is so much farther away.

The stage of Stress.
Suddenly, exam is just around the corner. You don't know a single thing. Stress factors kick in. More often than not, accompanied with Running Back To God..

The stage of Resignation.
You resign to your fate. Exam is tomorrow and you realise that however much you push and stuff, nothing is going into your brain anymore. Saturation is at it's maximum. No more motivation left to study. Gone too is the stress and increased heart rate. You give up (in a way). Usually accompanied with complaints that there wasn't enough time and excuses such as "I'm leaving all to God" *bull, I say*

The stage of Heightened Senses.
Minutes before the exam itself, you're hurriedly discussing all possible points everyone can think of or trying to memorize all notes that might come out. Praying fervently to God so that everything studied comes out and everything skipped stays out of the exam.

The stage of Resolution.
After the exam, regardless of the result, you resolve to work harder for the next exam so as not to repeat the cycle. You make plans, draw schemes and feel good about yourself.

The cycle repeats itself the very next day and begins with The stage of Enthusiasm again.
Me? I'm currently at the stage of Resignation. I know for sure that I won't pass tomorrow's colloq since I still have some pending exams. But I'm sort of giving up on biochemistry. The subject is enjoyable if I wasn't so far behind and didn't have so much writing and copying to do. Sheesh. I'm preparing for the colloq and enjoying it even though I know for sure I won't be able to take the colloq tomorrow. Anyway, whatever. I don't care anymore.

PS. Mom, if you read this later, please know that I am serving as guitarist in church today and will be much exhausted in the afternoon since I was up discussing biochemistry with my groupmates yesterday night. I think I would need sleep this afternoon so that I can regenerate some energy that will keep me up tonight studying as well. Perhaps we could postpone our chat until monday afternoon when I'm done with some of the pending exams and before I have to prepare to give Physiology tuition at night.

God bless everyone but me.. *Sweat*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Malaysian time Russian time