Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Poem..

I was walking to the bus stop this morning to wait for the bus to get to class when it suddenly came to me.. Share it with you. Also, sorry for not updating, life has been a little on the down side for me lately..

It's cold
The wind is blowing
The snow is falling
Although it's early April
The road is grey
Wet with melting snow
And murky puddles of ice cold water

Little bits of green pokes out of the ground
But still surrounded by great patches of grey blackish snow
It's late spring
But is seems like winter has just begun
I'm alone

I walk alone
I stand alone
On this cold dreary road
On my way to the bus stop
On my way to class

It's cold
The wind buffets my face
I have no feeling on my nose nor ears
My eyes are partially closed
Afraid the swirling snow would enter them

Time is passing
Life is flying
People are moving
Cars speed by me
Uncaring as they ferry their passengers to their destination

I walk alone
The cold enters my head
I recalled
It came back to me
That which I had tried so hard to hide
That which I had thought had successfully put away
That I had thought I had finally left behind

It came to me
I was thinking
Someone I admired
Someone I looked up to
Someone who stayed next to me
Someone named Marcus

But together with it
Together with that thought
It came to me
That he might have actually liked her too

I silently wished them all the best
I wanted to feel happy for them
But that was only for a short while
Memories flooded back to me
Memories which were supposed to be pleasant, meaningful
Came back to haunt me, disturb me

No!
I must not think like that
I must not harbour thoughts like that
She can go with whoever she likes
Whoever is meant for her
He can go with whoever he likes
Whoever is meant for him

I have to walk my path
Be it alone or with company
And mercifully
The bus came
Warmth
Safety from the wind
Comfort
I went to class

I went to class..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Malaysian time Russian time