Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Day Well Spent In KL.

Went down to KL with my dad today. Followed him down to his workplace which was in the tmnet building at Kerinchi then took his touch-and-go card and left.. =p

Firstly, I took the LRT to Ampang Park, where I overshot because I fell asleep and got off 2 stations past Ampang Park. I had to cross to the opposite line, wait for the next LRT then get back to Ampang Park where I waited for the U22 Rapid KL bus. The bus really took it's time coming and then didn't drop me off at the Ampwalk stop even though I pressed the stop button a few times. If I wasn't rushing for time, I would've probably given the driver a piece of my mind. Anyhow, I got off the next stop and backtracked walking to the Ampwalk offices where I made my way to Russian Resources to pay course fees for my sister and I.

I met my sister's ex-roommate's parents there. We spent a good 2 whole hours chatting and "gossiping" about the problematic MMA and it's agents-MosLanka. Mr Low from the Penang branch joined us and together, the four of us shared experiences and opinions. I left for lunch at noon and that was because Mr Low had a previous engagement which he had to rush off to. I had lunch at The Yellow Hat and had the set A which was coloured fragrant rice and chicken marinated and baked in pandan leaves. Wasn't too bad, actually exceeded my expectations. =]
*Charis, wonder if you remember The Yellow Hat or not.. =p*
**Too bad I didn't bring my camera, the coloured rice was something one doesn't see everyday**

After the meal, I contemplated 1 of 2 choices, I needed to get to the monorail to travel to my next destination and there were 2 ways of getting there:
1, I could travel by LRT 3 stops to the station connecting the monorail or
2, I could walk past 3 bus stops from the LRT station to the nearest monorail station.
I decided to save $$ and walked. Thank God the sun wasn't up and I reached the monorail without incident. A few smses from WS kept me company.

I travelled by monorail to Chow Kit station then walked on foot to the KLGH where opposite was my place of intention-Kamal's bookstore. Kamal's sold medical books/equipment/supplies besides the usual drinks and junk food. I bought the medical equipment I would need for my missions trip to Indonesia and those that I would need for my subsequent courses in MMA.

Sphigmomanometer, Stethoscope, Dissection kit, Penlight and Thermometer.

*Aren't they cool? I so feel like a doctor now..*

After purchasing, I had to walk back to the monorail station. Then I contemplated another 1 of 2 choices, I needed to get to KLCC which was next to Ampang Park to spend the rest of my day shopping and again, there were 2 ways to get there:
1, I could take the monorail to the station connecting to the LRT or
2, I could travel back to Bukit Nanas station, get down and walk back 3 bus stops to KLCC.
I chose the latter to save $$.

When I got to KLCC, the first thing I did was to get to an information counter and ask about the location of lockers if there were any. The answer came back negative. Then I asked for her opinion to keep the equipment I bought so I could enjoy my walk-walk in KLCC. She suggested I try the helmet storage in the carpark. I made my way there and found that it was LOCKERS!! But they were coin operated and required 2 50cent coins to operate. *I am still furious at the guy who canceled the RM1 coin* I didn't have 50cent coins, so I dragged the equipment back up to the shopping center and started to ask for change.
Guardian didn't have change.
*Saw maybank money changer*
Money changer only had notes, told me to go inside.
Guard told me to go ask at counter 4.
Counter 4 didn't have coins, she asked counter 3 and 5 and her boss, neither had.
Asked me to go to counter 7.
*Counter 7 was inside thick misted glass doors, scared me a little*
Asked for 2 50cent coins.
Girl searched her money box then apologetically told me she only had enough coins for 1 ringgit..
Sometimes life can just be so funny and so irritating at the same time. At least I was too tired and overjoyed to get pissed off. I smiled, exchanged the money, and thanked God for providing the means to store my stuff.

After storage, I went to Guardian to get medical supplies for my next few years in medicine.

Latex gloves, Face masks and a bottle of waterless disinfectant.

Then I started my "window shopping spree". I had wanted a backpack and a slingbag for quite some time and I put that as my mission for that day. I walked the entire 6 floors of KLCC, looked into every shop that sold bags and finally called my mom to ask for permission to spend a little more cash to get the bags that I thought were suitable for my needs and weren't too expensive.

Converse brand.
I've never heard of this brand before, guess that's why it's not that expensive..

So then, after I bought the bags, it was already 4.30pm and time for me to begin making my way back to my dad's office. So I shuffled to the lockers, got my belongings and staggered to the LRT station under KLCC. Wobbled in the transit, dragged my poor hurting feet to the office building and found a bench for a short reprive in the airconditioning. Sms-ed my dad to ask about timing and hobbled to the mart to buy H2O. Other than an ice-lemon-tea at lunch and a slurpee after Kamal's bookstore, this was my only life replenishment for the entire day..

Saw an "Archie" magazine in the mart and read it while waiting for my dad to finish off and come down. And of course, I could only read it standing up. So I was soooo glad when my dad came down and we went to the car and I was able to sit down for the journey home.

All in all, it was a good, well spent day.

PS. Praise God, I didn't have anymore problems and bad memories that ruin my day in KLCC unlike the last time I was there in January. That means I have finally been able to let go of Charis and take a step forward in life. Which also means I can now talk openly of her instead of using abbrevations. Thank You God for leading me onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Malaysian time Russian time