Monday, June 15, 2009

How I Almost Died After Meeting Pastor Kevin Loo..

The day after I came back from Moscow, Russia, my mom told me we were invited to a housewarming party potluck where Pastor Kevin Loo was also attending. She wanted me to cook Borsh which was a Russian type of beetroot soup. I did my best but still felt that it tasted more like Malaysian tomato soup instead of Borsh.

Anyway, we went to the party, met Pastor Kevin Loo, had fun, chatted, discussed about MF, talked about the missions MF was having and etc etc. Then was the food. It had been almost a year that I had not had rendang, KFC, fried chicken, nasi lemak (original), fruits (assortment), kuihs, beehoon, and many many more. I especially enjoyed the ikan bilis for that wasn't available in Moscow.

Then the problem began. I was sitting outside the house eating and listening to the chatting going on when I suddenly noticed that the ulcer on my left cheek had swelled to 3x it's size. I dismissed it as the sambal swelling effect of whom I was enjoying at that moment. About a minute later, I started to feel the symptoms of an asthma attack coming on. It was just my luck that I didn't have my inhaler with me. I decided to tell my parents and discuss the possibility of going home.

As I dumped my plate and utensils in the bins and staggered towards the house, I realised that it was getting harder and harder to breathe. That got me confused, since an asthma attack didn't occur that quickly. I started getting the effects of hypoxia which was lightheadedness and I increased my pace to my parents. As I was telling them about the asthma attack, my nose began to dribble and my eyes started tearing. My eye lids were getting itchy too. I suspected an allergy attack (hypersensitivity) and told my parents so. They then began to look for our hostess and started the rites of goodbye-saying bye to the guests, to Pastor Kevin Loo and to the hostess herself.

Then I started feeling itchyness at the back of my throat and I suspected swelling was occuring there too. We got in the car, my dad started the engine and I felt the itchyness spread to my inner ears. By now I was using all energy I had just to force air into and out of my lungs, it was that congested. Hypoxia was getting serious and I hoped I wouldn't black out for then it would be a definite goner for me. Dad picked up our hostess and she directed us to the nearest clinic. I rushed in and told them my symptoms, then asked for a ventolin inhaler while the debated whether it was an emergency or not.

I finally was ushered into the emergency room of the clinic and I tried as medically as possible to describe my symptoms to the doctor. I could now breathe after puffing the ventolin steroids which forcefully dilated my airways. The doc, a nice guy agreed with my suspicion of allergy and gave me an anti-histamine shot to try and lessen the allergy effects. It did begin to abide comfirming the diagnosis of allergy. Now my problem was that I didn't know what had caused the allergy. I couldn't be the food that I ate for they were everyday normal foods. I sorta suspected it might have been pollen or dust blown in from outside but I can't know for sure. Anyhow, I'll be carrying my inhaler everywhere with me just in case it hits again.

There you have it. My near death experience. I suppose this doesn't have anything to do with Pastor Kevin but I just thought it'd be fun to mention that I met up with him. He extended me an invitation to see me again at the doctor's convention in August. Still debating whether I should/could attend or not. But the title kinda rocks. =p

I'm sure God has plans for me for not letting me leave earth that evening 14th June 2009. Now all I need to do is find out what He has in store for me. =]

Praise God always for He is good.

1 comment:

Malaysian time Russian time